Via Commentary magazine's "Contentions" blog comes this poll on Palestinians' attitudes towards the ultimate end of the so-called "peace process."
- Only 34 percent of Palestinians support a two-state solution with an Israeli state that is predominately Jewish next to a Palestinian state.
- 92 percent of Palestinians said Jerusalem should be their capital alone. 1 percent said it should be Israel's capital alone. 3 percent said capital of both states and 4 percent a neutral international city.
- 62 percent approved of kidnapping soldiers and holding them hostage.
- 53 percent favored an anti-Israeli educational hate system.
- 73 percent agreed with the Hamas charter statement (and hadith) about the need to kill Jews hiding behind stones and trees.
And the problem is Jewish settlement building? Any efforts at arriving at a peaceful settlement in less than a generation are destined to fail. The Palestinian culture is one of death--the death of Jews and their own people. There's no negotiating with that.