October 28, 2009
An interesting list

CNN Money has a list of 15 stressful jobs that pay poorly. Unsurprisingly, my old job was one of them: News reporter. According to the article, the median pay is $32,900 (I worked for far less) and 62 percent say their job is stressful. The other 38 percent are old, lazy and higher-paid. Is it […]

Read More
October 26, 2009
Must-see YouTube

If you didn’t catch this when it first occurred earlier this month, head on over to Ezra Levant’s blog and listen to him and Mark Steyn testify before Canada’s Parliament regarding that nation’s “human rights” commission. Levant and Steyn acquit themselves well while appearing to a largely buffoonish group of censors. You’d think that a […]

Read More
October 26, 2009
Just go away

Former Democrat vice presidential nominee and presidential hopeful John Edwards and his wife want to extend their 15 minutes of fame. Despite John Edwards' extramarital affair that rocked his marriage, his wife described their union as a "love story," albeit an unconventional one. Elizabeth Edwards told WJLA-TV in Washington late last week that she wants […]

Read More
October 26, 2009
Obscene profits?

After spending 15 years in the newspaper business, I can assure you that I’m familiar with obscene profits. Back in the days before Craigslist came along to decimate their lucrative classified ad sales, newspapers commonly turned 30-40 percent profit margins – and my meager paychecks were proof of that. So, when Democrats demonize the health […]

Read More
October 22, 2009
Doing some math

The head of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers, Christina Romer, made a rather stunning statement today. The government's economic stimulus spending has already had its biggest impact and probably won't contribute to significant growth next year, a top White House adviser said Thursday. Christina Romer, the chair of President Barack Obama's Council of Economic […]

Read More
October 20, 2009
Pot policy

The Obama Justice Dept. announced yesterday that they would refuse to enforce federal drug laws as it relates to marijuana in states where they have passed laws allowing for the “medical” use of the drug. Federal drug agents won't pursue pot-smoking patients or their sanctioned suppliers in states that allow medical marijuana, under new legal […]

Read More
October 18, 2009
Sunday night movie

You won’t see it on any of the networks, but the anti-AGW movie “Not Evil, Just Wrong” is airing today for free over the Internet. Live Streams: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/not-evil-just-wrong http://bighollywood.breitbart.com http://action.afa.net I’ll be watching it, but generally let me just say that at a certain point, I start to disagree with the movie’s title. When the […]

Read More
October 9, 2009
What a joke

President Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize for effort, not for actually accomplishing anything. The Norwegian Nobel Committee said it honored Obama for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." [emphasis added] Ridiculous.

Read More
October 8, 2009
Grade inflation

Time magazine grades President Obama’s first 9 months and give him an … A-?! I’m trying to imagine what a C would look like. For the record: Yes, Time is still in the tank.

Read More
October 7, 2009
From comedy to farce

Saturday night, “Saturday Night Live” opened with this sketch. Yes, that’s a comedian, pretending to be President Barack Obama, making jokes. Yes, that was stating the obvious. Unless you’re CNN, then you decide that these jokes are worthy of a fact-check. Do you remember CNN “fact-checking” when Tina Fey/Sarah Palin falsely stated (for effect) that […]

Read More
[custom-twitter-feeds headertext="Hoystory On Twitter"]


October 2009



pencil linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram