Media bias illustrated

Matthew Hoy
By Matthew Hoy on June 22, 2015

Over the weekend, the Associated Press once again demonstrated that 99 percent of journalists (visual and otherwise) give the other 1 percent a bad name.

Photographer Charlie Neibergall and, one would presume a photo editor, sent a series of photos like this one over the AP wire.

Media Bias Illustrated
Media Bias Illustrated as the Associated Press transmits photos of a gun pointed at Sen. Ted Cruz's head.

This from the same AP that regularly transmitted photos of President Barack Obama like this:

President Obama is often pictured with a halo surrounding his head.
President Obama is often pictured with a halo surrounding his head.

The AP's response when called out?

Presidential candidate Ted Cruz was shown in a series of 14 photos taken by an Associated Press photographer at a ‘Celebrate the 2nd Amendment’ event Saturday afternoon, held at a shooting range in Johnston, Iowa. Five of the photos published by AP included images of guns seen on a wall in the background so that it appeared a pistol was pointed at Sen. Cruz’s head. The images were not intended to portray Sen. Cruz in a negative light.

The AP's director of media relations, Paul Colford, thinks you're stupid. There's no other way to spin this statement. Does anyone with two brain cells to rub together think that the AP would transmit a similar picture with Obama, Hillary Clinton or any other Democrat for that matter?

When Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords was shot in the head by a madman several years ago, the fact that her district was targeted on a map produced by Sarah Palin (without Giffords' name or photo), it was evidence of the GOP's "dog-whistle" calls to violence. This photo from the AP? Crickets.

Tags

BREAKING: We just filed a motion asking the Ninth Circuit to lift the stay in our lawsuit challenging California's ban on so-called "assault weapons," which, if granted, would allow the judgment striking down the ban to go into effect. Read it here: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/miller

Stole the image from a reddit post, but it appears to be an accurate summary.

The losers in Sacramento are throwing a temper tantrum in response to the ruling in Bruen. Now that they have to issue carry permits, they want to make basically everywhere a "sensitive place".

Load More

Calendar

June 2015
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

Archives

Categories

pencil linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram