June 23, 2015
Politifraud is Mostly Useless

The fact-check itself is interesting only in that it is an example of a Politifraud admission against interest. What I want to draw attention to is the Editor's note as evidence that Politifraud is Mostly Useless. Really? I'm trying to understand exactly how ignorant of the world you have to be not to know that […]

Read More
June 22, 2015
The Pope is senile

"But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36 There's only one explanation if comments reportedly made by Pope Francis over the weekend are accurate—the Pope is senile. Francis issued his toughest condemnation to date of […]

Read More
June 22, 2015
Media bias illustrated

Over the weekend, the Associated Press once again demonstrated that 99 percent of journalists (visual and otherwise) give the other 1 percent a bad name. Photographer Charlie Neibergall and, one would presume a photo editor, sent a series of photos like this one over the AP wire. This from the same AP that regularly transmitted […]

Read More
June 19, 2015
Tragedy in South Carolina

A mentally deranged young man (who will receive no notoriety by having his name mentioned here) went into Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church Wednesday night and shot an killed 9 people. This prompted the usual calls from the usual callers for more "common sense" gun regulations. I do not know how much longer we can […]

Read More
June 8, 2015
You didn't build that

Coming from the party of you didn't build that and you didn't earn that and tax cuts are giving money back to people (rather than taking less of something that was never the government's in the first place, comes this bit of genius. Another accomplishment -- Obama first President to have a Triple Crown winner […]

Read More
June 8, 2015
Stupid Facebook Posts

I rarely post to my personal Facebook page. I'll do it when traveling, or attending a concert or something similar, but I'm not a regular Facebook user. I look at Facebook to see what's up with friends and family—travel, reading, concerts, kids, etc.—not politics. Some people—mainly former colleagues at newspapers—post political stuff. I have a […]

Read More
June 6, 2015
Red Cross Failure

ProPublica reported this week that despite raising about $500 million for relief efforts in earthquake-ravaged Haiti, the Red Cross was able to convert that money into the construction of only six homes. Six. The Red Cross says it has provided homes to more than 130,000 people. But the actual number of permanent homes the group […]

Read More
June 5, 2015
Democrats with Bylines

The New York Times has one of the most talked-about stories on the Web this morning revealing that GOP presidential candidate Marco Rubio and his wife have had 17 traffic tickets over the years. The presidential candidate, it is revealed in the 3rd paragraph, has had 4 tickets since 1997. His wife, in a serious blow […]

Read More
June 3, 2015
2nd Amendment Logic

I always find it interesting to take some of the "logic" applied by gun-control advocates with regard to the 2nd Amendment and apply it to the First Amendment. This 2nd Amendment logic usually quickly devolves into something indistinguishable from a reductio ad absurdum. In California, the Calguns Foundation filed suit against California's 10-day waiting period before ownership […]

Read More
June 3, 2015
Coming Climate Catastrophe?

I've long been on the record that the global warming/climate change/climate catastrophe or whatever the preferred alarmist formulation of the moment is bogus. There is no coming climate catastrophe. One of the main proofs of this is Instapundit's regular claim that he'll start worrying that it's a crisis when the people yelling loudly that it's […]

Read More

With John Eastman's 6-point plan for Pence to overturn the 2020 election along with Erwin Chemerinsky's latest op-ed that justices on SCOTUS appointed by GOP presidents only are partisan hacks, it's sad to see how far @hughhewitt's "smart guys" have fallen.

Aside from the "rules are for the Little People" angle, stuff like this really drives home the point that masks are more like an armband on your face, signaling tribal loyalty.

If Breed was actually concerned about Covid, and actually believed masks worked, she wouldn't forget. https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1439962097958412288

Daily Caller@DailyCaller

San Francisco Mayor @LondonBreed defends violating her indoor mask mandate while partying at a club:

“I was feeling the spirit and I wasn’t thinking about a mask."

Load More...

Calendar

June 2015
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

Archives

Categories

pencil linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram